Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just a little about me......



I've been married to my best friend for 14 years. God has blessed us with 6 amazing children (ages 1 month - 13 years) and I'm a stay-at-home mom, so of course I'm a chauffeur, nurse, cook, housekeeper, teacher.......the hours are long, but the pay's great!  ;)  Unfortunately, that kind of payment doesn't pay the bills though, so my job at home is also to stretch our one income as far as it will go.  =)

Being frugal comes pretty naturally to me.  I just get a thrill out of getting a good deal.  =)   I *love* to save money and I work hard at finding deals, sales, rebates, and freebies!  My husband and I also love how much easier it is to be generous and bless others with our abundance. We love to give and share but didn't always feel like we had the option to - now we do!  We feel that we are to be good stewards of what God's given us (which is everything!) and spending wisely is an important part of that.

I also enjoy doing things myself to save money and live simply.  You'll find lots of DIY projects here (like laundry detergent, costumes, etc.), as well as before and after furniture projects, crafts, and recipes.

I started this blog in response to many of my friends and family wanting to know more about how I shop and the deals that I get.  I wanted to share what I've been doing for years and help anyone else looking for ways to save, stretch and wisely spend their resources.

So, welcome to my blog, where I share everything I know about how to be a super saver.  =)   If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me at supersavingsblog@gmail.com.


Here are some of the reasons I do what I do....... =)










1 comment:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

What cute kids! Another mom of five...wow! :)

Hope you have an awesome Mother's Day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com