Friday, July 6, 2012

How to Get Cheap (but Reliable!) Pregnancy Tests - $1 or less at the Dollar Store, Walmart, and Amazon!


I am always shocked when I see how much pregnancy tests cost at the store -- easily $10-$15 (or more) depending on the brand!  I could never stand to pay that much, so I was thrilled when we found some great cheaper options.  Since we're currently expecting baby #6, we have lots and lots of experience with trying out different tests!  ;)

These are all super options if you're dealing with infertility, you just can't stand to wait any longer, or want to take a dozen tests just to be sure!  The costs of raising children add up fast -- this is an excellent way to start on the right foot by saving money now before they're even here!


Dollar Store:
The one we've used most often have been from the dollar store (Dollar Tree specifically), and they sell them for $1! (obviously, lol)  I've used them quite a few times over the past 13 years and I have found them to be very reliable!  I've never had a "false" reading and we trust them completely. (They have the same sensitivity level as many of the name brands, such as ClearBlue, e.p.t., First Response...etc)

I used to find these in the HBC section, but now they are often by the register to deter theft.
*Dollar Tree also has ovulation kits for only $1.  I haven't personally used them, but I have heard good things about them as well!

{photo credit: Holy Craft}


Walmart:
I recently discovered an .88¢ section at Walmart that has some really good bargains -- including "First Signal" pregnancy tests for only .88¢!  This is the one we used with this current pregnancy and it worked just as well and easily as the Dollar Tree tests.
*My photos were from the HBC section near the pharmacy, but I've also seen the .88¢ items at the checkout.



{this is the proof of our current bun in the oven}

funny story....last year I pulled an April Fools joke on my husband by having a sweet pregnant friend take a test for me and then left it in the bathroom for my husband to find.  It was the best. joke. ever!  Since we thought we were done with 5, he was so shocked he couldn't believe it - he almost puked, he almost cried....it was awesome, lol!
This year I took this test a couple weeks before April 1st and as it showed positive in seconds, the "joke" was on me this time!  ;)  We're all very happy about it though, so it was a good joke.



Amazon:
If you're just starting a family, TTC, or are a compulsive test taker.....this may be a great option!  The Wondfo brand pregnancy test strips (25-ct.) on Amazon are currently $8.15 + FREE Super Saver Shipping!  That's .33¢ each!  Even cheaper than the dollar store tests and the comments are overwhelmingly positive.  They are reported to be very accurate and very sensitive so you can find out faster!  (You can also get the Wondfo 50-ct. pregnancy test strips for only $15.95 -- .32¢ each! Also eligible for FREE SSS)  For the same price as an expensive "name brand" test at the store, you can get up to 50 test strips!
*Note that Amazon prices do vary, but these are the prices today.  =)  I have seen them lower than this too!


I hope this information helps and good luck!  =)


{photo credit: Baby Gaga}



3 comments:

Amanda Faino said...

I have always used the "cheap" brands from Dollar Tree or Amazon and they work! No complaints here, and I love that I saved TONS of money. I love the cutesy look of the ones from Walmart, better for a photo op than the plain strips from Amazon. I would buy one just for the picture :)

Mara @ Super Savings said...

Haha, I was impressed with how "pretty" the Walmart tests were. =)

Thanks for the feedback too Amanda!

~ Mara

Unknown said...

Also wish.com or their apps have them 10 for $1! Now they're just the strips you dip in the collection container but is a bargain.