Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Easy Rice Pudding Recipe



We had some leftover rice from dinner the other night, and since then, all I could think of was how good rice pudding would be!  For some reason I always thought it was difficult to make, but I'm not sure why...this could not have been easier!  It was so good - exactly what I was hoping for!!

It's a great way to not let leftover rice go to waste, but rice pudding has to be one of the cheapest desserts too! Deliciously frugal and easy peasy!  ;)

I found this recipe online, but tweaked it just a little.....

Easy Rice Pudding

2 cups cooked white rice (I used jasmine rice)
2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (you could omit if you don't like raisins)


Directions:

1. Mix all of the above in a heavy sauce pan.
2. Bring to a gentle boil over medium low heat. Stir often to make sure it doesn't burn.
3. Cook for 15-20 min., or until thickened.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold, and enjoy!

I love this hot, warm, cold...room temperature - you just can't go wrong!





No comments: