Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh What Fun!!

I had so much fun last week!! There were such great deals!!

Now, of course I love doing this for my family, but last week I had something really cool happen that I wanted to share before I give the details of my purchases......

I was at Walgreens hunting down the Blink eye drops and all that, and there were two elderly women looking over the eye drops trying to find one that wasn't too expensive. I saw that they had restocked the Blink from earlier in the week and there were 2 that I could see on the shelf. After waiting a while and hearing them discuss how expensive they all were, I asked if I might reach through and grab what I needed. They said of course, and I got the eye drops. After checking to make sure it was the one that qualified for the Register Reward, I said "I'm not sure what exactly you need, but this one is free." Their eyes opened wide and they said "Really?" I explained the how the RR's work and the one lady who they were shopping for was so excited to be able to get what she needed for free. After many "thank you's!", we went on our separate ways.

A few minutes later I thought I should have told them about the Colgate MaxFresh they could get free also. So, I found them again and let them know how to get that too. She asked if I wanted to finish her shopping with her. =)

Then I saw that she had a pack of Depends in her cart, and I told her I thought I had a coupon for that. Sure enough, earlier in the week when I bought the Serenity (it was a moneymaker), a "Buy 1, Get 1" catalina had printed out for Depends. She was just thrilled!! So, she was able to leave the store with about $25 of free products, most of which she was going to buy anyway!

I left the store just elated! While I do love saving money and stretching our own budget, to be able to bless someone else with what I know and have was just a really great feeling!! I think one of the best parts of being frugal is being able to be that much more generous.

It was just really exciting to make that kind of a difference for her!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


So.......now for the fun numbers of last week! =)
While I did do a bit more running around than I normally do (more than I've ever done actually!) It was worth it! Check this out.......


Walgreens & Rite-Aid both:

Retail: 341.96

Total: $6.04 PROFIT!!

This must be one of my all time personal bests (I haven't always tracked it, but I'm sure!)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


This is my Rite-Aid purchase and the math.....(disclaimer: math is not exactly my thing, but with help from my darling Randy, I believe these numbers are right)



Retail: $56.96
Sale prices brought it down to: $37.46
- $11 in Coupons
- $37.46 in rebates
= $11 PROFIT

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



And here's my Walgreens "loot" =) (I forgot to take the 4 Rite-Aid items out, but the rest is WAG - and I was missing one Starbucks chocolate from the picture, yum!)



Retail: $285
sale prices: $222.27
- $142.43 in coupons
- $45.50 in Register Rewards
- $37.96 in rebates
- $3.80 10% bonus for putting the rebates back on a Walgreens gift card
+ $12.38 tax
= $4.96



Is that exciting or what?? This week's got some cool stuff too (I'll get that up in just a bit).
And some of these Walgreens deals are good all month long, so you didn't necessarily miss out if you weren't able to grab them this week!

2 comments:

Grand Rapids Tightwad said...

I think I almost cried tears of joy after reading this one!

Mara said...

Isn't that almost unbelievable?!? I did it myself, and even I'm amazed! =)
Thanks for coming by!! I was excited to come across your blog and find "local" things to do for cheap!! Thanks!