Monday, March 30, 2009

Walgreens EasySaver rebate program ending?


I recently emailed Walgreens and told them that I'd heard that there would be no more EasySaver booklets after April. I asked, did that mean that the whole rebate program would end or just the booklet....or....?

Here's the response I got.......

"Thank you for contacting us regarding our recent decision to evaluate the EasySaver program in its current form. Walgreens is always looking into the future. For this reason, we are looking at ways to revamp the rebate program to assist us in proceeding in an exciting direction. Although change is always intimidating we feel that it is time to develop a new loyalty program so we can offer our consumers new and improved services. You will continue to find the EasySaver Catalog in our stores through April. Please look for future advertisement regarding our new programs to come.

We appreciate your patience during this transition and hope you will allow us the opportunity to continue servicing your drug store needs."


So, "yada, yada......we'll let you know." =)


I spoke with a manager last week about it at one of my Walgreens, and he said all he knew was that the April booklets would be the last ones shipped. My guess was that maybe they'd be "switching" over to Register Rewards (RR's) since they seem to have been pushing them more lately (which is what that manager was guessing too). My other thought was that maybe they'd change to a store card similar to the program CVS has (which is also what I happened to read at Hip2Save's blog today). I've never lived near one so I don't know exactly how it works, but I've heard good things about it. From what I understand, it seems like RR's that get put onto a card - so no rebates to mess with, you get your "rewards" instantly, and no paper printouts to lose.

So, I guess we'll see.......we'll find out together and learn a new (hopefully better!) way to save. =) I will let you know as soon as I know anything else! Please leave a comment if you've heard anything else about what be coming next!

As for April, the rebates will continue as usual, so don't be afraid of that. They'll certainly be honoring them.

No comments: