Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rite-Aid - Coupon Policy Change!


Rite-Aid has made a change to their current coupon policy - for the worse in my opinion.  As of today (5/25/11) you can now no longer use "BOGO" coupons in conjunction with a "BOGO" sale, getting both products free.   (If I was teetering about whether or not to make a weekly trip to Rite-Aid, that kind of deal would often tip the scales!)

Also, it now states "Rite Aid may accept up to 4 identical coupons for the same number of qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers within the store manager’s sole discretion."

The BOGO change is the real bummer, I think.  It was a really simple way to combine a store sale, plus a coupon to get a great easy deal.  Rite-Aid is still my favorite store to get great deals, but I'm hoping they don't go the way of Walgreens and make things ridiculously difficult and lose customers.

(thanks CouponPro!) 

What do you think about this change?  Will this affect how or whether you shop at Rite-Aid?  Or, do you think this is a good thing?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm kinda sad because I just recently started couponing... Then again, maybe some of the sales merchandise will actually be left on the shelf sometimes now! ;) It seems like people are buying insane amounts of stuff on Sunday morning to stock up, and I can't buy even one! I get a rain c check, but the coupon expires before they get it in stock. Blah. :)

Mara @ Super Savings said...

That's true, the "limit of 4" might give people who go a little later in the week a chance....like myself. ;)
I'm still disappointed about the BOGO part though.