(fun tidbit: National Doughnut Day was started by the Salvation Army in 1938 to commemorate the volunteers who passed out doughnuts to soldiers on the front lines in World War I. Entenmann’s will donate $1 per person to the Salvation Army for anyone who “likes” the company’s Facebook page through June 23. You can also enter for a chance to win free doughnuts for a year.)
Here are a few places you can grab a free donut to clebrate today:
- Krispy Kreme is offering customers a free doughnut of any variety today. Try one of the new flavors like glazed lemon cake or key lime kreme pie....oh yum!
- Dunkin’ Donuts - purchase any beverage and receive a free doughnut.
- LaMar’s Donuts offers free gourmet doughnuts to each visitor without purchase.
- Shipley Do-Nuts is giving free doughnuts away at these participating locations.
- Tim Horton’s is offering a coupon on its Facebook page for a free doughnut with any purchase at its U.S. locations. Customers have to “like” the page, print the coupon and bring it into a store to claim their treat.