Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Easy, Cute and Simple Thanksgiving Acorn Treats!


If you're looking for a cute, easy treat for Fall or Thanksgiving, these little acorns are perfect. I found the recipe for Sweet Acorns from Gracious Rain on Pinterest.  I knew they'd be just adorable for the kids school parties or a Fall get together.  I whipped them up yesterday for Jacob's Thanksgiving Feast at school and he said the kids "gobbled" them up!  ;)

I know I'm sharing this last minute since I just made them, but they're so quick to make that you still could easily add this to your holiday treats.

Collect your ingredients:
  • Donut holes
  • Nutella (or something else sticky like peanut butter, frosting, or chocolate melts/almond bark)
  • Toffee bits (or nuts, or chocolate sprinkles)
  • Pretzel sticks

Put some of the toffee bits into a small bowl, and the Nutella into another.  Since the Nutella was a bit thick, I warmed it a little so it was easier to dip into.


Dip the donut holes into the Nutella first, then into the toffee bits.  I set them into mini muffin tins so the Nutella could set back up as it cooled off without smooshing up the toffee bits.


Then break the pretzel sticks into half and stick them in the top of the acorn.  Done!  Super cute, right?  =)


I just came across these FREE Thanksgiving printables (and some yummy looking treats!) this morning too.
(thanks Fun Cheap or Free!)




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day celebrating with family and friends!!  =)


5 comments:

Launi said...

I'm soooo glad you made these little sweet acorns. Aren't they so much fun? Thanks so much for the link! Happy Thanksgiving.

:}

Mara @ Super Savings said...

You're very welcome Launi! They really are fun -- thanks for the idea! =) Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

~ Mara

sue said...

How cute, my son would love these with chocolate donuts.

Mara @ Super Savings said...

Sue, I almost got the chocolate ones! I think they'd be really yummy too! =)

~ Mara

Anonymous said...

hey hey!! this is a very nice website here and I just wanted to comment & say that you’ve done a great job here! Very nice choice of colors & layout, very easy on the eyes.. Nicely done!…