Sunday, February 12, 2012

Menards Wrap-Up (2/11/12) ~ Saved 90%!

The hubzy and I ran to Menards yesterday for a few great rebate items, and I had a happy surprise of finding out that it was the first day they were offering an extra 11% rebate off every thing you buy!  So the FREE items I went in for became money makers, and the cheap things were even cheaper!  =)

The 11% off rebate is valid from 2/11/12 - 2/26/12.  These sales that I got go through today (2/12/12)......I'm not sure yet what the deals are these next couple weeks, but this rebate will make each one just a bit better for you!

*If you're new to Menards rebates, read how Menards rebates work.  You can save tons there - and not just on tools or building supplies....like you'll see below you can save big on food, clothing, hair dryers.....all kinds of stuff!


I bought:
  • (1) Conair Infiniti hair dryer ($19.99, -$10 rebate = $9.99)
  • (7) Shirts ($58, -$58 rebate = FREE)
  • (2) Interlocking storage units (reg. $59.98, on sale for $35.98 and -$30 rebate = $5.98 for 2)
  • (6) boxes of Cascadian Farms and (big!) Malt-o-Meal cereal (11.52 = $1.92 ea.)
  • (1) box of Cascadian Farms granola bars ($2)

My final price would have been $29.49, but with that bonus 11% back rebate, it took another $14.02 off! 

Retail price: $151.49
(or higher**)
Sale price: $127.49
- Mail-in rebates: $112.02
= $15.47 total or 90% savings!

Not too shabby huh??  =)


**I didn't think to write down the "regular" prices while I was in the store, and the storage cubes are the only thing that have stickers.....so the percentage of savings would be higher in my numbers if I could have gone off of that instead of the sale price for most of these things


No comments: