Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Clearance - 75% Off!


(I know Easter has passed, but this picture made me laugh)

Today I went to Walgreens and Meijer and they both had their Easter goodies clearanced to 75% - baskets, dishes, handtowels, pictures, candy......all kinds of stuff. (I would imagine Rite-Aid, WalMart, Hobby Lobby...everywhere else has that kind of clearance too) A great price to stock up for next year. Also, some things are just pastel or cutesy, not specifically Easter related. I've gotten some great things for the girls room just after Easter. And today I got a cake stand/chip & dip tray for less than $3.



This is Emma stealing Elijah's eggs while he's counting them - she was a girl on a mission!

Now, personally I don't "get" Easter baskets (just don't see the need for them). But, I saw some of those silly baskets today regularly priced at $19.99 and after the clearance price, they were $5. There were Cars baskets, for example, that had a frisbee, stickers/tattoes, candy, a big plush car, a Cars tin.....etc. Of course there were also Barbie, baby doll, girlie things, Winnie the Pooh baskets and more.
For $5 that's a great price to stock up for birthday parties or even Christmas. There were a couple baskets that had enough stuff to easily break in to 2-3 respectable birthday presents.

No comments: