Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again!!


Ok, so technically neither of those are true - we're driving, not flying....and we'll be gone for a week.
But the point is, that we're taking a vacation!! The first kid-free vacation in 9 years!! Wahoo!!
I try not to do my "Snoopy dance" of joy in front of the kids, so I don't hurt their feelings, but it's time for a break!

Randy was asked to be in a friends wedding in Alabama, so we're leaving Tuesday for a 16-ish hour drive - sans kiddos.......ahhh. He was able to get enough time off work to be able to take our time driving down, enjoy the 3 day affair (bachelor party, rehearsal, then wedding), and enjoy our time coming back.
We've actually talked about being able to stop and eat at "real" restaurants instead of the usual McDonalds/potty break combo that we do when traveling with the kids to visit family. "Real" restaurants?! Did I mention that I'm excited?? =)

<--- Here's me waiting for Tuesday =)

So.....we'll be gone for a week, and I have one day left to pack everything for the hubby, the four wee ones (that I'm leaving with "great" difficulty) ;), and myself.......and of course I haven't really started. I've begun packing "in my head" and done a couple things like getting emergency info, food, diapers...etc. ready for my sister and brother-in-law (who are blessing us tremendously by keeping the kiddles!)......but the major packing is looming like an ominous cloud over tomorrow. Really it's not the packing itself that's such a big deal, as much as getting all the laundry clean and ready to pack, the thinking involved to make sure every day is planned for, shoes for each outfit....did we get deodorant?! It's stressful. I'm not a fan. Anywho, all that to say - I won't be around for a few days. So, if I don't reply to any questions or comments, rest assured I'm not ignoring you - I'm simply basking in freedom for a couple more days. For a brief moment I considered attempting Super Hero status and trying to get the Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Menards, and Meijer sales all up before leaving. I realized though, in the interest of my sanity, sleep, and peace in our home, that would not be the wisest choice. So, I recommend you check the blogs I've just "awarded" in my last post, and see what treasures they have posted. I have a few things scheduled to go up while I'm gone, so please keep checking in, and I'll be back soon!



Ok, I feel a Snoopy dance coming on, gotta go!

P.S. Just so you don't think I'm a terrible mother, I really will miss the kids and I'll call to check on them.......at least once. ;)

4 comments:

Suz said...

Have a good trip! Enjoy your free time w/o the kids :) Although you'll miss them more than you expect!

Kristie said...

Miss you guys! Hope you are having a great time! I see the kids every day, they are fine!!

Brookie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog (I'm sure it was a long time ago, I've been neglecting my blog comments!)
I'm very happy to here that your courtship was so blessed and appreciate your uplifting comment!

Mara said...

Hey Kristie - we had an awesome time. Thanks for keeping an eye on the munchkins. =)
Miss you too! See you Sunday!